Monday, July 16, 2012

The Podcast

The Podcast-First Day O' Class

The first task we set to embark upon was "the podcast". I have to say that the simplicity in the assignment does not fit with the complexity of making it work. So goes it, working with technology. Recording my partner (Evan) was not an issue. Creating some fodder for a discussion, also not an issue. Having the right software to record-issue. Easily solved from the nokia apps store (call recorder *Free*). Next was getting the interview and using the software. Again, very easy. Once we had our recordings we had to get the document (our interviews) to the platform to create/edit our recording. Evan needed access to the recording so I uploaded the interviews (used my Windows phone) to SkyDrive. Easy enough. So far everything was completed with my phone.

Once we had our respective interviews we had to upload to Audacity. We discovered the formats needed to be changed. We used Zamzar.com to convert the Mp4 to Wav format required by Audacity software. My first attempt with Audacity has revealed that I don't think the software is user friendly. I know I need more time to play with the program.

So, phone to SkyDrive to computer, to Zamzar, back to computer to Audacity. The file sounded pretty good and now it is time to upload from  computer file to The Penumbra (blog).

One hour later, need a hosting site. Used Archive.org and found a way to use as public domain-again *Free*.


Click here to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment